News in from Nicky Howdill, great-granddaughter of Charles B. Howdill: an old Howdill chapel in Kensal Green, North London, is being restored to its former glory.
In the list of Howdill chapels compiled for his 2011 book chapter about the father-and-son practice, Colin Dews refers to it as ‘College Park Primitive Methodist’. Colin includes a picture of College Park (page 284), one of the ‘School Board’ designs that the Howdills used for several different commissions around the end of the nineteenth century. College Park dates back to 1897, and has a prime corner location at 1050 Harrow Road, Kensal Green, NW10, on the junction with Victor Road.
Here are Nicky’s pictures of the work in progress last month:
We would love to know more about this fabulous restoration project.